FIVE WISHES “Starting the conversation about Advance Care Planning and End-of-Life Care”
Tanya Barbero, is the Lead Community Outreach Liaison at Hospice Maui, and works to promote community awareness of advanced care planning and hospice care. Born and raised on Maui, Tanya has a passion to help people embrace the reality of their mortality for the sake of having more joy in life. Her end-of-life care and ethics is fueled by her 36-years of experience in healthcare, as a caregiver to her aging kupuna (elders), and as a young woman faced with her own mortality when diagnosed with a rare bone cancer.
Tanya is spearheading Hospice Maui’s new campaign using Five Wishes® which seeks to help people to:
- Learn how to talk with your loved ones about what matters most to you.
- What types of medical treatment you would want – or not want
- Share about the kind of care you want to receive with your doctor
- Share what is most important for your comfort and dignity
- Help you feel more confident and ready for the future
Sign up using the sign up form and join Tanya Barbero for a presentation at the HNKOP ‘Aha Mauliola, held at the University of Hawaii Maui College at 1pm on Saturday, November 10, 2018.