Join us as we continue to improve the health status of Native Hawaiians.
Prep Cook I – Temp
Under the direction of the Café Manager or Cook, assists in the daily food preparation and cooking in the Café and assists in the daily activities to support the overall operation.
- Works with the Café Manager and Cook in daily food preparation, cooking and related activities in compliance with State of Hawaii Department of Health regulations/guidelines and HUI safety guidelines.
- Assist with receiving supplies, food orders, clean up, serving, and packaging food items.
- Assist the Cook with café activities in the absence of the Café Manager.
- Assist with the cleaning of the kitchen after the café closes.
- Assist with the food deliveries. Assist client/customers with sales orders, may utilize the POS/LAVU cash register to track sales accurately and collect and exchange or correct funds for sales. May prepare close out of cash register, balance daily cashier transaction report and cash report.
- Ensures compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations. All patient health information will be strictly accessed and be handled in a confidential manner at all times. Ensures that access to patient health information is limited to only those persons needing such information in order to perform the specific duties of their job (such as direct patient care, patient billing or quality assurance review).
- Other duties as assigned by Café Manager or Cook.
- Resident of Maui
- High School graduate
- Ability to follow instructions and possess food preparation skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with the Native Hawaiian Community.
- Clean traffic abstract with current valid Hawaii state drivers license.
- Cashier experience preferred.
- Some experience in computer file manipulation is preferred.
- Knowledge of safety standards within a restaurant/food preparation setting.
- Health clearance in compliance with Department of Health, HAR Title 11, DOH, Chapter 12, Food establishment sanitation, Subchapter 2 Food establishments, Section 11-12-28 Employee health regulations.
- TB clearance prior to employment.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds (ex: food warmers)
Job Type: Temporary