Join us as we continue to improve the health status of Native Hawaiians.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
The Director of Operations will support, manage, and direct organization initiatives, including delivery of the highest quality Medical, Dental, and client services, while assuring corporate mission, vision, and values are met. Responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring all operational aspects of HUI Team’s health center sites, providing effective leadership to staff and oversight of the delivery of quality, cost-effective patient-centered care. Promotes high standards through development and standardization of policies and procedures. Understands changes in the marketplace, identifies growth opportunities, and participates with Senior Leadership in planning, development and marketing initiatives to maintain and increase market advantage. Is the driving force in Operations for ensuring quality assurance initiatives and productivity expectations are met. Interacts with community organizations and other partners to promote the organization and its mission, vision and values. Has a collaborative working relationship with the Executive Leadership Team, Directors, Managers and Supervisors of the organization. Understands the need to integrate disciplines across the organization to maximize the patient experience and create efficiency of patient/family centric care.
Must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
- Knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management techniques.
- Knowledge of health care administration systems.
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively lead in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Skill in planning, organizing, prioritizing, delegating and supervising.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, decision-making.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to anticipate and react calmly in emergency situations.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
- Skill in developing comprehensive reports.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Skill in developing and maintaining Hui’s quality improvement.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills.
1. Resident of Maui.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Health or Health Care Administration and Planning or related field. An Associate Degree with 10 years of work experience in a related field may be considered as equivalent education and training. Master’s in a related field desirable.
3. Five or more years of progressive supervisory experience in a health care or human service agency.
4. Experience in research techniques, practices, and grant writing in a non-profit organization desired.
5. At least two (2) years’ experience in personnel management in a non-profit organization.
6. Demonstrated leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
7. Proven ability to work with the Native Hawaiian community. A minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience with the Hawaiian community.APPLY NOW